Once an investment is made, the Distill Ventures team will working closely with the founding team to identify areas of focus and help you build a plan for growth.. As all entrepreneurs have different strengths and weaknesses, the support we give is both bespoke and broad-ranging and typically includes:
- Helping you build winning strategies for sustainable growth that last through to exit – through analysis, long-term strategy, budget and cashflow planning and annual business plans
- Expertise. Each brand has a dedicated DV partner to ensure you always have what you need. An entrepreneur themselves, they’ll use their knowledge and expertise to support your business in the way that works best for you. Across the team we have experience of brand launches, long-term strategic planning, and rapid scaling across multiple markets.
- The DV Accelerate digital hub is an incredible wealth of resources that can’t be found anywhere else from case studies and campaign trackers to briefing documents and interviews with like-minded entrepreneurs.
All our acceleration centers around ‘The 5 Bricks’ – a unique framework we use to help structure the support we give you. Many entrepreneurs find it a useful way to check they’re thinking about all the key aspects of their business.
- A Great Product
- Your product is the foundation of everything you do – without it, you won’t succeed. Your liquid and pack need to be united into one, single, coherent story with your production & supply chain working in tandem to ensure that you can produce your product in quantity at the right price.
- Being Interesting
- Interesting is what people will talk about. Interesting gets press coverage and travels through social media before sticking in people’s minds. This area is your core proposition and how you live this every day through your marketing plans, social media and communications.
- Selling Profitably
- A full and complete grasp of your commercials is vital for success in the drinks industry. Core fundamental elements such as COGS, GP & GM, sales drivers, building bottom up sales plans, launching into new markets, building out your own commercial team and working with distributors are all covered. In addition, Distill Ventures has sales solutions that help portfolio companies access important markets in an effective way.
- Business Basics
- Bad company management or operations can sink any business quickly. Ensuring basics like cashflow, stakeholder management, logistics and legal requirements never get away from you is fundamental to your success.
- Being a Great Entrepreneur
- Even Roger Federer has a coach. You’re doing something amazing – and that’s going to ask a huge amount from you. You already possess many of the qualities needed to succeed but we believe there’s always room to improve.